In addition to developing the OUC module series, the OUC team has prepared several conference presentations and journal articles that document various aspects of the project. As with the modules, all of our scholarly contributions are openly licensed and can be accessed from the University of Alberta’s Education and Research Archive (ERA).
Journal articles about OUC (both forthcoming, links to be added when available):
- Joseph, K., Guy, J., and McNally, M. B. (2019). “Toward a critical approach for OER: A case study in removing the ‘Big Five’ from OER creation.” Open Praxis, 11(4).
- Joseph, K., Guy, J., Wakaruk, A., Sheppard, A., and McNally, M. (2020). “Know your audience(s): Collaborating for copyright education.” International Journal of Open Educational Resources, 2(1) 79-98.
Conference presentations on OUC:
- Wakaruk, A. (2018). “Fighting copyright chill in Canada: Using OER to educate and empower Libraries.” OLA (Ontario Library Association) Superconference, Toronto, ON. Feb. 2, 2018. https://doi.org/10.7939/R3CF9JM8Q
- McNally, M. B., and Brailey, M. (2018). “The balancing act of collaboration, openness, quality and ensuring impact in the creation of OER resources.” BCcampus Festival of Teaching and Learning, Vancouver, BC. May 30, 2018 https://doi.org/10.7939/r3-jett-1348
- McNally, M. B., and Wakaruk, A. (2018). “Design, demonstration and discussion of Opening Up Copyright.” ABC Copyright Conference, Vancouver, BC. Jun. 1, 2018. https://doi.org/10.7939/r3-ftn8-rb34
- Grant, T., Wakaruk, A., and McNally, M. B. (2018). “Biting off as much (or maybe more) than you can chew: Insights form managing the an OER project from Opening Up Copyright.” Open Education in Action, Maskwacis, AB. Oct. 4, 2018. https://doi.org/10.7939/r3-fcat-1f39
- Guy, J., Joseph, K., McNally, M. B., Sheppard, A., and Wakaruk, A. “Strengths and limitations of open educational resources to strengthen copyright literacy.” Canadian Association for Information Science (CAIS) Annual Conference. Vancouver, BC. Jun. 3, 2019. https://doi.org/10.7939/r3-b0kz-7152
- Guy, J., Joseph, K., Wakaruk, A., Sheppard, A., and McNally, M. B. (2019). “Know your audience(s): Collaborating for Copyright Education.” The Open Education Conference, Phoenix, AZ, USA. 30 Oct. 2019. https://doi.org/10.7939/r3-dsdn-vg12
- Guy, J., Joseph, K., Wakaruk, A., Sheppard, A., and McNally, M. (2019). “Copyright OER as open education enabler.” Open Education Global, Milan, Italy . Nov. 28, 2019.
- Guy, J., Joseph, K., and McNally, M. (2019). “Toward a critical approach for OER: A case study in removing the ‘Big Five’ from OER creation. Open Education Global, Milan, Italy. Nov. 28, 2019.
- Fagnan, L., Guy, J., Wakaruk., A., Sheppard, A., and McNally, M. B. (2020). “Putting the Copyright Act into action: Exploring the challenges of copyright literacy related to the Canadian Copyright Act in online instructional modules.” To be Presented at the ABC Copyright Conference, Edmonton, AB. May 21-22, 2020.