This is a minority-specific position and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace; preference will be given to marginalized candidates such as Indigenous, visible minorities, or candidates who live with disabilities. These applicants must self-identify and are encouraged to apply.
The Digital Projects Intern will assist in a variety of tasks related to the production and distribution of electronic books, creating new metadata content that meets contemporary and future accessibility requirements, writing alt text, coordinating Audiobook creation, and converting Quark files of our backlist titles so they can be ready for print-on-demand (POD), among other responsibilities as they arise. This is a casual position supervised by the Director and Publisher. Weekly hours and end date are to be determined, but the incumbent must commit to 340 hours of work. This will be a remote (work-from-home) position until further notice.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Writing alt-text for covers for frontlist titles and key backlist titles;
- Writing alt-text for images on forthcoming titles;
- Reviewing image / photography quality for publication;
- Standardizing and consolidating digital documents;
- Working with audiobook vendor to upload audio files;
- Supporting social media promotion of new titles;
- Social media market research;
- Website updating;
- Standardizing elements in the database.
- Must be a self-directed individual who pays attention to detail;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with computers and social media;
- Excellent reading, writing, proofing, and researching skills in English.
As this is a remote (work-from-home) position, possessing a functioning computer with webcam, and good internet connectivity is a requirement.
Start Date and Pay
As soon as possible / $20.00 hour
Contact and Deadline
- Please send a cover letter and resume via email by May 20, 2021, to: